Saturday, January 23, 2010

Life gets in my path... a la Erica

Due to unforseen life like happenings my 4 ounces a week of spin have been slammed to the back burner. Weeks 1, 2 and 3 splat.

I have however in the recent past months spun 8 oz of a dark brown very long drawable Beast and 8 more of an Alpaca wool blend all plied into a puffy 2 ply. Beast spinning is fun because you can contemplate just what makes it Beastial as you spin, a mixture of colors and texture and fibers. They all tell a story of past fiber creations. Beast spinning is often a tug of war due to VM and thunks of slub but can also be a long draw extravaganza.

I scored some beautiful orange Briar Rose Fibers BFL roving from Chris that I plyed with some of my hand dyed in reds. Sweaterhood is in this nice soft orangy reds future.
In fact with Anne's assistance we balled up the skeins today and a sweater has begun.

The last time I was at the Spinning Loft I came home with some olive green, some golden yellow, and some mellow light blue merino and a merino tencel blend of red, copper, orange and blue calld taos. I carded them all together and spun and plied until I was going cross eyed. The colors are good all combined, just maybe too similar to another blend of the past. The skeins are hanging in the downstairs bath thinking about what my problem is. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Uh oh
Okay life calls. Nico needs help getting outta the bath. more later. ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment