Thursday, January 21, 2010

Jillian's week 2 &3



This spin was inspired by friend and blogmate Erica. She just spins. The woman can kick out a pound of fiber and knit half a garment in a weekend. Ok, maybe not a weekend but pretty damn close. I spun and plied 8 oz in about two days, and remarkably I still got my work-work, kid-work and house-work done. The cormo in the blend was a little neppy which made a great texture and the blend is scarf soft. I'm pissed I didn't buy more from her,

she rarely does repeats. In Erica tradition I want to make something out of this now, I'm considering the Conway Cloche.

What: Cross Wind Farm 60% Cormo & 40% BFL roving
Where: Ann Arbor Fiber Expo from Cross Wind Farm
Color: Flaming Sunset
Spun: my regular: short backward draw with some smoothing & picking of bits
Yarn: 2 ply, 12 wpi, 274 yards
Lesson: get off the computer and spin

No comments:

Post a Comment